Lowest New Price: USD $31.95
Features :
- The "original" stove top espresso maker and number one coffee maker in the world
- Classic shape aluminum housing
- Makes 9 espresso cups
- Cup size measured in (1 oz) servings.
- Made in Italy
Use the original Stovetop Espresso Maker to produce rich Italian Espresso in your own home. With a 9-cup capacity, you can make soothing espresso to last throughout the morning. Moka Express is the world's most recognized and cherished coffee maker. Over 120 million cups of this delicious, aromatic, coffee is made internationally every day. And "L'Omino", the "Little Man", whose figure is on every coffeepot, is the trusted symbol of quality and authenticity.
Customer Reviews
Simplicity at it's best! :) (2010-05-03)
I read a lot of the reviews here before buying this espresso maker, and became convinced it was what we wanted. I was right, they (the other customers.....) are right, this little unit works great, cleans up easy, and the espresso tastes great! I actually went to the BIG coffee chain and bought a 2 shot cup of espresso, brought it home, made some in this maker, using canned pre-ground espresso coffee (Cafe La Llave, good stuff!!!!!!), and could not tell the difference, well, almost, the big chain really does taste great, but this makers results were almost spot on! We HIGHLY recommend this maker!!!!! :)
Fresh from Italy (2010-04-26)
My son just brought this great little coffee pot home with him from Italy. It was the only thing the Italian family he stayed with used for brewing their coffee. We had the advantage of our son showing us how to use the coffee maker. All I can say (as I enjoy a cup of coffee while typing) is this is a great and simple way to get wonderful full-bodied cup of coffee! The flavor definitely has provided us with a bona fide option for a good cup of Starbucks. Highly recommended for simplicity of use, ease in cleaning, and of course the most important factor: A flavorful and robust cup of coffee.
Does what it should (2010-03-26)
I'm pleased with the unit, although I can see there will be gasket problems down the line later. Just note that the '9 cups' are demi-tasses of espresso. If I brew a full pot on this, it is only enough for one coffee travel mug. Perhaps I should drink less coffee....
A+ (2010-03-16)
If you like bold/strong coffee then this is the coffee pot for you. It seems to brew into something of a mix between a regular coffee and an espresso--delicious! Viva Italia!
Also: I found that using tap water is just as fine, I believe the instructions recommended using only distilled water.
Fabulous! (2010-03-10)
Bought this little coffee pot when my "fancy" drip brewer died, and I LOVE it! If you've taken the time to read the product description you won't be surprised at the size or amount of coffee it produces. Not 9 big cups of coffee - we're talking espresso sized servings here. This pot will make 1 good-sized mug of coffee.
I purchased some Illy coffee (which is delicious) for brewing with this pot. The fine espresso grind is yummy & works ok, but it's SO fine that a little can get down to the lower chamber. Next time I'll try a little larger grind which is whats recommended anyway.
When it 1st arrived I brewed 3 pots of cheap coffee which I dumped out (it advised to do this at LEAST once), and I've had no off-taste in any I've brewed to drink. Cleaning I do with just water as recommended. The lower chamber holds just water, so though the opening is a little small I see no need to jam anything in there to scrub it. The upper pot I also clean with just hot water & it's quick and easy. Brewing takes about 10 min - so I go come back to the pot around 10 min into it and am just in time to see the brown goodness beginning to fill the pot. No regrets on this purchase!
SEE Bialetti Moka Express Stove Top Espresso Maker 9-cup at Amazon.com Now